LED DISPLAYS & COURTESY LIGHTS IN BUS SHELTERS – IRELAND
WHAT WE DID
Solar AdTek was responsible for the delivery of a bus shelter lighting project which was funded by the ESB in a partnership arrangement with JCDecaux, on behalf of the National Transport Authority (NTA).
The project was to replace the inefficient lighting in 1,800 bus shelter units throughout Ireland. This involved the removal of existing fluorescent tubes and wiring in the advertising light boxes and the courtesy lights and replace them with Solar AdTek’s Smart LED lighting.
- Design of bespoke Solar AdTek LED lighting with Smart controls
- Remove old lighting electronics in light boxes and courtesy lights
- Installation and commissioning of new Solar AdTek LED lighting
- All work was carried out without affecting passengers using the bus
- Immediate Energy and carbon emission reductions by 2 Gigawatts or 88%
- Maintenance costs reduced to almost zero
- Short Return on Investment
- Vibrant, more uniform lighting
- Long life >11.5 years + with 5-year warranty