LED LIGHTING FOR ADVERTISING COLUMN DISPLAY – IRELAND
WHAT WE DID
Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) own and manage the light rail system in Dublin called LUAS (the Gaelic word for Speed). There are 392 curved advertising panels on the 67 platform stations along two routes.
The existing lighting was near it’s end of life. and many of the displays were not illuminating properly. The construction of the advertising totems meant that repair or replacement of the existing lighting was costly and very difficult as it was affixed to the door of the units.
With their expertise in LED lighting technologies, Solar AdTek designed bespoke luminaires with Smart control for this project. These luminaires give a bright, vibrant and more uniform illumination of the advertising displays and enhance both the column structure and the advertising display.
Solar AdTek designed, manufactured and retrofitted the LED lighting.
- Design of bespoke Solar AdTek LED lighting with Smart controls
- Removal of old lighting electronics
- Installation and commissioning of new Solar AdTek LED lighting
- All works were carried out without affecting service to tram passengers
- Immediate Energy savings
- Immediate Carbon savings
- Maintenance costs reduced to almost zero
- Long life 50,000 hours + with 5-year warranty
- Vibrant, more uniform lighting